Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Conversion Experiments #3

Not much to say about them - I think about more heraldics or stuff like that on the armor but I not sure where and what ...
And big thanks to Ron from FTW for his great papercard shoulderpads tutorial! The idea was very inspiring. Thanks!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Conversion Experiments continued ...

... a little bit, at least.

At the moment I am wondering how people can do fine details ... dunno if I got to big and shaky hands for that... but I am trying and learning by doing.

Going to add cahinmail on the other shoulder, and afterwards some armor plating on top of both.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Conversion Experiments

Yesterday I starded some experimenting with Milliput, Cardboard and some Bits ...

It's Grey Knight inspired ... we'll see where this will lead to.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Imperial Fists Killteam

I am done! Just a last black pinstripe over the base edges...

I tried to keep them very Simple. And I don't know what to write ... so just look at the pictures. :D

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bikes for Irae!?

I decided to build some bikes for Irae Scorpio. BUT I don't like Space Marine bikes ... they are ugly as hell, in my humble opinion.

So I bought some bitz, and they arrived yesterday. And here is a little preview of what my bikes will look like:

The normal SM or C:SM feet fit really well, without cutting away to much of them. But I will need some good ideas how to fit the weapons to them. We'll see ... two weeks of x-mas vacation are near and I will have plenty of time for experiments.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

WIP: Imperial Fists Killteam #4

And we continue with my slow and purposeful painting progress ...

The mostly finished bases - I experimented with hair spray to rub of little of the paint from the rusted areas.

This is after airbrushing and applying a thin layer of brown wash. I don't really know yet, if I shall paint the borders of the shoulderpads black too?

The finished Bolters. It's a basecoat of VMC German Gray, followed by a black wash and highlights with 3 parts German Gray + 1 part white.

And the Heavy Bolter backpack - Here I am not quite sure either: Clean up the washed areas a little bit or leave it that way. At the moment it has this more 'used look' I think.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

WIP: Imperial Fists Killteam #3

Here are two bases I made a while ago. I will use for the Killteam

They were painted black, and then I applied different tones of Vallejo pigments. Apllied a coat of matt vanish, and added pigments to it before it dried. Sealed it with matt vanish again, and added gloss vanish to the mud/oil areas. Also dappling the powder on the vanish makes a nice uneaven surface.

And three more bases I finish the next days ...

Had some troubles with my airbrush gun, but now it seems to work proper again. Hope to make some progress the next days.